Thursday, November 21, 2013

San Francisco, Oakland, and Seattle

The major trip next year will be the East coast one I mentioned below. I have three mini-weekend trips possible. One of them will be going to Seattle, Oakland, and San Francisco. I have two possible dates for this trip.

Saturday, May 24: Houston @ Seattle, Safeco Field
Sunday, May 25: Minnesota @ San Francisco, AT&T Park, 1:05 PM
Monday, May 26: Detroit @ Oakland, O.co Coliseum

The trick here is to find days where the Giants and A's play back-to-back days, since I couldn't find a weekend where they both played. Doing it on Memorial Day weekend enables me to see three games in a weekend without having to worry about missing a day's work. I could also do this June 13-15, but the June 13 game would be a Friday night. That'd require taking the day off.

They haven't set the game time for the Seattle game. If it's a day game, I can easily fly to Seattle in the morning and then have the flexibility to stay in Seattle or fly to San Francisco after the game if I want. It's usually preferable to be in the city the day before so you don't have to worry about flight delays. Either way works. If the game in Oakland is a night game, catching a flight after the game may be impossible. A 7 PM game that ends at 10 PM would mean catching a flight close to midnight. I doubt anyone has a flight that late.

So what do you say? Are you in?

No comments:

Post a Comment