Tuesday, August 11, 2015

August 8 and 9, 2105 Phillies at Padres

I wanted to make a return trip to Petco in San Diego and my Phillies coming to town was the perfect opportunity. What's great is that they are actually playing well right now, unlike last month. I wanted to sit in some place out of the ordinary and found out how to get a ticket to sit in the Western Metal Supply building.


Isn't that really different? Here I am sitting there.


It's kind of cool that the building has a bar that looks like this.


That's not your typical crowded stadium concession stand, is it?


The problem with this seat is that the view really stinks. It's a place that's kind of fun to sit but not so much to watch the game. The Padres also have a cool picnic area beyond right field, but the view stinks there too.


Most stadiums have microbrews but Petco has booths and booths of microbrews. I didn't count but I think they had 4-6 from about a half dozen local breweries. It's like a beer festival at a stadium.


And look at this. It looks like what you'd find at a gourmet deli, not a ballpark. I had a salmon melt sandwich and it was delicious. If you wonder why I rate Dodger Stadium so low, just go to Petco. They have great food and beer selections and all sorts of other fun things that the Dodgers don't bother with.

No comments:

Post a Comment