Thursday, December 26, 2013

Atlanta, Tampa, and Miami

I’ve given you three trips to 11 stadiums. I'll go to Angel Stadium some time during the season, as it’s a short drive. So that’ll put us at 12 stadiums and 19 overall. I don’t know if I’ll hit any of the remaining 11, but I do have two possible trips to go to as many as 9 of them. Unfortunately, Chase Field in Phoenix and Fenway Park in Boston aren’t on my list of possibilities for 2014. Neither the Diamondbacks nor the Red Sox are home at a time convenient with other nearby teams. That’d mean saving them for 2015, which has always been part of my plan. I’ll likely leave a few other stadiums so I can make trips out of them.

If I make the weekend trip to the Southeast it’ll be either Friday-Sunday 8/15-8/17 or 9/19-9/21, late enough in the season that I can make that call mid-season.

Friday, August 15: Oakland @ Atlanta, Turner Field
Saturday, August 16: Yankees @ Tampa, Tropicana Field
Sunday, August 17: Arizona @ Miami, Marlins Park, 1:10 PM

It’s important to start the trip in Atlanta. First, it’s a shorter distance from Los Angeles, making it easier to fly into on a Friday and still be able to attend a game. Secondarily, it’s a Delta hub, so there’ll also be non-stop flights. Again that means it should be easy to arrive well before the game. Unfortunately, the choices on flights back to LA after a Sunday afternoon game in Miami might be limited. I do have family in Miami that I might visit. So I can stay an extra day or two.

No comments:

Post a Comment