Friday, December 27, 2013

Midwest over Labor Day Again

I started this quest this past year right before Labor Day and made a Labor Day weekend trip. I’d like to repeat that in 2014. I have six stadiums for this trip, although I doubt I’ll go to all six in 2014. I should leave a few stadiums for the Boston trip in 2015.

Friday, August 29: Detroit @ Chicago, U.S. Cellular Field
Saturday, August 30: Yankees @ Toronto, Rogers Centre, 1:07 PM
Sunday, August 31: Cincinnati @ Pittsburgh, PNC Park, 1:35 PM
Monday, September 1: Pittsburgh @ St. Louis, Busch Stadium, 1:15 PM
Tuesday, September 2: White Sox @ Minnesota, Target Field, 7:10 PM
Wednesday, September 3: Texas @ Kansas City, Kauffman Stadium

This trip includes Pittsburgh, which was also in my April trip. I don’t think I’m going to hit that stadium then, as I can start in DC and end in Philadelphia, taking only the train to get from stadium to stadium. Since I’d cut this trip to 3-4 stadiums, I could move around the stadiums to different days.

I’ll start the trip in Chicago, a hub city that has plenty of flights from Los Angeles, many of which are non-stop. This may be tricky, as it requires flying from city to city and some of these cities may have limited flights to others or be very expensive.

So what do you say? Are you in?

No comments:

Post a Comment