Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Game 4: September 1, 2013 Indians at Tigers

When I circled this game on the schedule, it was with hopes that it'd be a fight for first place. Instead, the Indians went into the tank and could only see first place with a periscope. They were still fighting for a playoff spot, however, and Tiger star Miguel Cabrera was out of the line-up. I don't think I've ever seen him play in person. I thought about asking for my money back.

Comerica was a beautiful stadium, with a giant video board and a decent beer.

It was Sam Adams. It's not great, but drinkable. Compared to what I could get at Dodger, Miller, or Wrigley, I wasn't complaining. The burgers were grilled in front of you. I gotta like that.

One negative was the stadium seemed to have a lot of gray concrete, reminiscent of those concrete monstrosities of the 70's. The game was a pitcher's duel, which was decided by a home run, hit at the exact moment a vendor was blocking my view.

I saw this as I was leaving Detroit. I laughed.

No comments:

Post a Comment