Friday, September 6, 2013

Game 6: September 3, 2013 Cardinals at Reds

I don't have a picture of myself outside of Great American Ballpark. Why? Because my friends Janet and Michael got Mercedes Diamond Club tickets.


When you sit in these seats, you enter through a garage that leads to a private entrance. There, you have a buffet with gourmet food, wine, beer, and fantastic deserts. All included in the price of the ticket.


Yes, I was, in fact, there.


The seats were right behind home plate, about four rows up.


Fancy high end restaurant dinner, dessert, and drinks included. Would they stop there? Nope. They bring you food and drink from a smaller menu during the games. Also included. I could learn to really enjoy this. Big props and big thank you to my friends Michael and Janet.


I didn't see that much of the park since I didn't walk around the concourse. Yet I enjoyed their special outfield seating, Cincinnati Bell has their own "ship" for clients. And the game was an amazing pitchers' duel, like Sunday's Tigers-Indians game. It was 1-0 in the 9th when the Reds brought in Aroldis Chapman. I'd never seen him live. He was a treat. All of his fastballs were over 100 MPH, with the fastest at 103. His sliders were 90-91 MPH. He retired the Cardinals on three strikeouts. No Cardinal batter even connected with a pitch. There were no foul balls.


Great game. Great seats. Great ballpark.

No comments:

Post a Comment