Thursday, July 10, 2014

Games 19-21 This Weekend

I could've done this quest in one season. Some people do 30 stadiums in 30 days. I've actually heard of people doing it in less. One guy is planning to go to a game a day for all 183 days of the season. One guy went to one inning at five stadiums in 29 hours. The problem for me is that those trips don't sound enjoyable. Now some people might think that doing what I'm doing isn't that enjoyable. After all, I come in, go to the game and leave without seeing the city I'm staying in. I went to the Rock 'N Roll Hall of Fame in Cleveland, Pike Place Market in Seattle, and the Inner Harbor in Baltimore, but I haven't been to many other tourist attractions. I've been to tourist attractions. I've noted the cities I want to go back to.

For me, this is about baseball. And I love flying in, going to the game, and getting to the next city. But it can be exhausting. The five game road trips I've been on are about the limit I can go before I get sick of doing this. I'm not doing it to say I've done it. I'm doing it because I'm having fun doing it. And the whole thing is fun. I love planning the trip, shopping for the best deals on air, hotel and tickets, and I love going. And all my plans have been executed the way I envisioned, except maybe San Francisco, where I wish I'd gotten there so I didn't miss the first inning. That said, I missed more than one inning in Boston because it was so darn cold.

I'll be on a 3 game, 3 city, 3 day trip starting tomorrow. I'll be in Denver at Coors. I was there 19 years ago. Then it's Dallas and Houston, two ballparks i've never been to. Blog posts will follow.

No comments:

Post a Comment