Tuesday, April 22, 2014

April 21, 2014, Phillies at Dodgers

My review of Dodger Stadium last August was largely negative. And that was before I hit a bunch of modern stadiums later that week. The stadium just doesn't hold up, because it's old and hasn't been updated. I went back last night because my Phillies are in town. So I went with my friend Tracey. Now, the Phillies won 7-0. So how disappointed could I be?


It was the last night of Passover. That meant that I wouldn't drink any beer, although considering their beer selection is awful and the price is really high that wasn't a sacrifice. I thought I'd eat Panda Express. I'd eaten it there before and they even have their logo on the seat cup holders.


I was told that Panda Express was no longer at the Stadium. The choices were slim. I could have a Dodger Dog again.


The other food choices were lame, reminiscent of the type of food available in stadiums before the modern ballparks. I chose a bunless burger. Unlike Comerica, I didn't see them making it. And it wasn't very tasty. Even though the ambience and food/beer selections are poor, the sight lines remain good, it never got too cold, and I actually got out of the parking lot really fast. Anyone who has gone to Dodger Stadium over the years can appreciate that.

No comments:

Post a Comment