Sunday, April 27, 2014

Game 10: April 26, 2014, Padres at Nationals

An hour car ride down the turnpike brought us to Nationals Park. And it was a beautiful sunny day.


My brother and the kids enjoyed it.


The Nationals do something I've never seen. They resell their game used baseballs during the game and the next day. They were selling a Strasburg strikeout ball for $150! Now I'm sure it'd fetch that on ebay, and I don't mind them making a buck, but it seemed blatantly commercial of them to take advantage of something that fans hope to catch as part of the game experience.


I do wonder if I should've bought one for my game souvenir. I chose the unending soda cup instead. For this game I treated my brother and his kids to club seats. I enjoy the game experience from club seats and the food, a hand carved sandwich, was a lot better than Camden Yards.


The view from section 210 was a good one and the game was a great one. I'd lamented getting Tanner Roark over more well known Nationals pitchers, but Roark was brilliant. He set down the first 16 batters he faced on his way to a 3 hit complete-game shutout.


But really there's one main reason to go to Nationals Park and that's the Presidents' race. It was Abe wire-to-wire.

No comments:

Post a Comment