Wednesday, April 9, 2014

April East Coast Trip Update

The trip is coming into focus and it's only two weeks away. Unfortunately, I'll be attending the Thursday night Boston Fenway game by myself. My cousin, who I haven't seen in 30 years, can't make it. I bought my ticket for the bleachers. That's not my preferred seat, but non-bleacher tickets at Fenway are ridiculously expensive. It probably doesn't help that it's the Yankees.

On the 25th, I'll be in Baltimore and I'm going to be joined by my brother and two nephews. I'm excited they'll be part of this quest. We'll be in section 49 on the Lower Infield Reserve level on the third base side. They'll also join me for the Nationals game the next day. We'll be in Infield Club 210. Club seats are always full of amenities and they should be very nice in a new ballpark like this one. This website recommends these club seats, saying they are great spots for getting foul balls.

On Sunday, I'm catching up with two old college buddies in New York City. Yes, that's where I went to college and yes, that was a long time ago. My friend Steve is bringing his kids and has seats in Caesar's Gold. Here's the description:

Located behind home plate on the Excelsior Level, the Caesars Club provides incredible panoramic views of Flushing Meadows-Corona Park, the world famous Unisphere and the New York City skyline. Guests won't miss one pitch while enjoying a drink at the 50 ft. long full service bar or lounging on a couch since the club is equipped with twenty-eight 42" flat screen televisions throughout.

Food options throughout the club include the following concessions:
Two Boots Pizza
Daruma of Toyko Sushi
Fresh salads
Carved sandwiches, hot dogs, burgers & sausage from the rotissere and grill stand


I'll be headed over to the Yankees after the game for a nightcap with my friend Brad. Yankees' tickets unsurprisingly were expensive. So we ended up in Grandstand Infield 418. The seats are a bit high but they are just up the first base line. So they should provide a good view.

No comments:

Post a Comment