Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Five Games in Four Days

Cold, exhausting, amazing, fun. I did five games in five days last fall and this weekend I was topping it, five games in four days. The weather really got in the way. It was really cold every night game and Citi Field is as cold as Shea used to be. The only game with mild weather was the day game in Washington. The cold was certainly discouraging. I don't know how much that contributed to my exhaustion, but I was definitely exhausted by the fourth day. When I was sitting in the cold at Citi, my 4th stadium in 4 days, I wanted to call it and go someplace warm. But doing that would mean coming back to New York to go to Yankee Stadium. I was there, the game was in a few hours, and I had tickets. That said, I don't know how how anyone can do 30 stadiums in 30 days and enjoy themselves. Sure, if you're doing it for the sake of doing it, I could see trudging on. But I'm doing this for fun, not just to do it.

It was also amazing. Everyone I met at the ballpark was super nice, because everyone is a good person at the ballpark. That's a fact. And they all were envious of my 30 stadium quest. And there's something cool about knowing that the only thing I have to do is get to the next city and the next stadium. I love baseball and enjoyed each ballpark. I loved checking in on my "At The Ballpark" ap. It says I've checked in at 14 stadiums since last summer.


Yes, I know Yankee Stadium is only game 12, but I went to Anaheim Stadium and Citizens Bank Park last June before I started this blog. I loved that I was able to share this portion of the trip with people I care about. My brother and nephews joined me for the Baltimore and Washington games and I met up with old college buddies at Citi and Yankee. They were all part of my quest.

No comments:

Post a Comment