Sunday, April 27, 2014

Game 9: April 25, 2014, Royals at Orioles

I hadn't considered what I'd do if a game were rained out. Yet, as I arrived in Baltimore, that was the dilemma I was faced with. Rain was in the forecast and there was no roof at Oriole Park. I was there. So I'd make the best of it and figure it out later. I stopped in a restaurant in the B & O Warehouse on my way to the Hilton.


The turkey burger as pretty good and the Flying Dog beer was very very good. And the Hilton was right across the street from the stadium. Nothing was going to beat that! I had special guests for this game and the next one, my brother and my nephews. I was so excited to share this with them. Granted, my nephews enjoyed the stadium and amenities more than the game, but the challenge of trying to hit 40 MPH on the radar gun was better than sitting in the cold.


And it was cold. And it was rainy, so much so that the start of the game was delayed by an hour. The rain did eventually let up. So I didn't have the difficult decision of whether the game counted if it was postponed.


I did make the decision to get chicken tenders and fries. That decision was regrettable. The food was horrible. At the least the beer, also a Flying Dog, was very good.


Even the pretzel in the shape of an "O" wasn't much to write home about.


The game did eventually go on and the view from Lower Infield Reserve 49 was a good one. Yordano Ventura, the Royals' prized rookie pitcher, dominated the Orioles and the Royals shut out the home nine. The game was a lot of fun to watch.


The one thing you want to know is whether they still sing "Thank God I'm a Country Boy" in the 7th inning. The answer is yes, they do, and even in the cold weather I got up and danced. No, there's no video on that.

No comments:

Post a Comment