Monday, August 19, 2013

Stadium Review: Nationals Park

I went to games at Nationals Park twice in the last five years, one a day game, and one at night. The stadium was a delight. First, the location is terrific. It's an easy Metro ride from most anywhere in DC or Virginia, but I probably could've walked from my hotel the first time I went. I've heard parking is limited but when public transit is this good, who needs a car?

When I went, tickets were easy to come by, although I think they were much tougher in 2012 when the team was good. We sat down close to the field on the first base line both times and site lines were great. Home plate is usually in the southwest corner of the stadium so that the sun won't get in the players' eyes for afternoon ames. I think it's in the northeast corner here, probably to give fans the best view. Great for the fans. Tough for the players.

The stadium features Dogfish Head and Flying Dog Breweries, both of which make very good beer.

The crowds were decent but the fans didn't get as excited as they do in other cities. Maybe it's because they hadn't yet had a winning season.

No comments:

Post a Comment