Friday, August 16, 2013

Stadium Review: O.co Coliseum

I've never heard of O.co Coliseum either. When I went for a football game the stadium in Oakland was known as Oakland–Alameda County Coliseum. When I went for baseball it was McAfee Coliseum. Well, now it's O.co Coliseum. That's apparently Overstock.com's marketing name. I have no idea how to pronounce it. "Oh dot see oh?" That's about the most interesting thing I can say about it.

It's pretty much Angel Stadium pre-renovation. It's configured for football, which means that the seats aren't close to the field, and they don't all face the infield. It's enormous and usually mostly empty. When I went, they had tarps over much of the upper deck. That didn't make it feel more intimate. I could go on about the stadium, but just assume it receives low marks in just about everything. Avoid it and Athletics, run!!! Go anywhere. I've never been but I'll bet your AAA stadium in Sacramento is better.

No comments:

Post a Comment