Sunday, August 4, 2013

Start with 11 Stadiums

I'm a huge baseball fan, mostly following my beloved Phillies for the last 42 years. There were two World championships, some playoff berths, and a lot of losing. I live in Los Angeles now and enjoy the Dodgers and Dodger stadium. What I haven't done is visit all 30 stadiums. I'm not sure when I'll accomplish this goal, but it's a task I realize as a baseball fan I should take up. Baseball has had a lot of stadium turnover, so there are 9 stadiums I've been to that don't count.

Dolphins Stadium, Miami
Shea Stadium, New York
Veterans Stadium, Philadelphia
Olympic Stadium, Montreal
Old Yankee Stadium, New York
Memorial Stadium, Baltimore
Kingdome, Seattle
Candlestick Park, San Francisco
Jack Murphy Stadium, San Diego


There are two additional stadiums I've been in, but I haven't seen games at:

Chase Field, Arizona - I was in Phoenix on business and had lunch at the TGI Friday's at Chase Field. The Diamondbacks weren't playing that day but we got a nice view of the field.

Tropicana Field, St. Petersburg - I was there for the 2012 Republican National Convention.

I've been to 11 stadiums currently being used by Major League teams:

Angel Stadium, Anaheim
U.S. Cellular Field, Chicago
O.co Coliseum, Oakland
Citizens Bank Park, Philadelphia
Nationals Park, Washington
Coors Field, Denver
Camden Yards, Baltimore
Dodger Stadium, Los Angeles
AT&T Park, San Francisco
Fenway Park, Boston
Wrigley Field, Chicago


I plan on adding five stadiums in the next month. I'll give you those in my next post.

No comments:

Post a Comment