Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Where I'm Sitting

I'll let you know where I'm sitting at each game, so if you want to join me, you can. I've added a new game onto my journey, as detailed below.

Sunday, August 25 - Boston Red Sox at Los Angeles Dodgers, Section 313PL, Row D
My cousin is a big Red Sox fan. So I thought I'd take him as a late birthday gift. We're seated in the Left Field Pavilion. I've been going to Dodger games for years, but have never sat out there. I wonder if this'll be the best way to watch Yasiel Puig miss the cut off man?

Friday, August 30 - Los Angeles Angels at Milwaukee Brewers, Section 331, Row 3
I'm on my own for this one, so please come by and say hello. It's almost directly behind home plate in a "Club Infield Box." I doubt that means much, because a lot of their seats are called boxes.

Saturday, August 31 - Philadelphia Phillies at Chicago Cubs, Bleachers
I'm on my own again and this time I'll be in the bleachers. Yes, the famous bleachers! I've never actually sat in them, but I'm really looking forward to it. I assume that's open seating. Any tips on sitting in them? Will I get killed if I wear a Phillies cap? Did I mention it's Anthony Rizzo Bobblehead Day? Excitement!

Sunday, September 1 - Cleveland Indians at Detroit Tigers, Upper Box Infield 332, Row 4
The Tigers are doing their best to make this a non-race and the Indians recent mediocre play hasn't helped. I'm being joined by my friend from Philly Brendan, who has never been to Comerica either. The seats are a little high but on the third base line, which I like. I have my 1980s Thomas Magnum Detroit Tigers cap in a closet somewhere. I may wear it. Be warned.

Monday, September 2 - Baltimore Orioles at Cleveland Indians, Infield Lower Box 254, Row E
Brendan will also be going to this one too and hopefully both teams will still be alive for a Wild Card, as they're both on the outside looking in right now. The seats are much lower than Comerica and it looks like they're right in front of the suites. It's 1973-78 Primary Logo T-Shirt Giveaway. I don't know what that means, but I'm sure I'll want it.

Tuesday, September 3 - St. Louis Cardinals at Cincinnati Reds
My friends from Cincinnati, Mike and Janet, will be taking me to this game. They're getting the tickets from some super secret inside source, so I don't know where they'll be.

Saturday, September 7 - Colorado Rockies at San Diego Padres, Field Box 117, Row 30
I gave blood last month in Los Angeles and one thing that entitles me to is discount San Diego Padre tickets. Yeah, that makes sense. Just what people in LA want. But I wanted the tickets. So I bought what they were offering and ended up down the right field line. My philosophy on tickets is that I don't care how high the ticket is as long as I'm between the bases. Tickets down the line like this usually don't face the mound. So you have to twist all game to watch the action. Maybe because the Padres are out of it, we can move closer. I'm planning on taking my friend Bill. Where do you park?

So there you have it. Seven games. Seven ballparks. Thirteen teams. Join me. Give me advice on parking or concessions or whatever.

No comments:

Post a Comment