Saturday, August 17, 2013

Stadium Review: U.S. Cellular Field, Coors Field, and Oriole Park

I've got to admit that I went to U.S. Cellular Field about 20 years ago, Coors Field about 18 years ago, and Oriole Park about 16 or 17 years ago. I don't remember a ton about any of them. I sat in the upper deck and I was pretty far from the field and it was dizzying. My understanding is that they've renovated since then. Coors was a lot of fun because we sat in the lower deck close to the field and it was intimate. I do remember that the stadium was located in the Lower Downtown neighborhood and it was fun to leave the ballpark and be in the middle of some good nightlife. Oriole Park definitely felt intimate and their incorporation of the warehouse into the stadium was clever and innovative, something others have copied.

No comments:

Post a Comment